All of us at Bilva Life are enjoying this busy time of year and getting involved in all the festivities and celebrations. From Halloween onwards up until about mid January our life feels like a rollercoaster of events, preparations, anticipation and commitments. It can be exhausting so remembering to take time for yourself, and to maintain your fitness levels through healthy eating and exercise are key. This is the time to keep a rein on your diary so you can book in your essential time for maintaining yourself. Some of us can feel overwhelmed when outside commitments build up so this month’s newsletter includes some tips to empower you to create the life you deserve.
Some of us have wonderful lives and are completely fulfilled and happy but the truth is most of us have times like this and other times when the good things seem to slip away. We observe the aspects in our life that annoy us, make us unhappy, resentful and dissatisfied. You may feel stuck and not know how to change the negative situation you are in. You maybe complaining or blaming others, which actually makes you weaker and less in control of your life. When you take full responsibility for your life and what you have created or attracted, then you can move forward. There are steps you can take to empower yourself, to change your situation by changing your actions, thinking and attitude; and there are a variety of tools and therapies which can help you every step of the way.
1. Be clear: You've most likely identified what you don't want as this is easier! However you can use this as a reference to help you decide what you do want. Put some time aside to get clear on your goals. By committing to doing it will give you instant relief and moves you one step closer to changing your current situation. Take each of the six main areas in your lives separately and assess what you would like to change: Relationships, work, fun and adventure, physical and mental health, your contribution to others and your spiritual welfare.
Make a list of all your goals and be specific with the details. Some people write it down, others prefer vision boards using pictures from magazines; do whatever works for you but keep in sight - stick it on the fridge or your bathroom mirror. Try breaking your goals down into simple sentences and then say them everyday as if they are happening now. Mantras are easy to make up and can be very empowering.
2. Change your beliefs: Can you imagine, see and feel the things you have asked for. Does it feel real to you? Do you feel worthy of your goals? Or are you held back by past failures or by what others may think?
3. Fear of Success: In my practice as a coach and healer, I've discovered that people fear success more than they fear failure. So ask yourself, ‘What's the worst thing that would happen if I was successful?’
4. Letting go: To make room for the good to come into your life you need to get rid of the old. Let go of the people that are not supporting you in your life and goals. De-clutter your home and office space. Consciously observe some of your habits that are preventing you from achieving your goals.
5. Embracing change: Listen to your words... if you say, ‘I can't afford ….’, then you never will. This statement will stop your subconscious mind from creating solutions for you. By changing the statement to, ’How can I afford it?’ this opens you up to possibility. To embrace change you will need to step out of your comfort zone. Have the courage to ride the wave of life with the constant changes it brings.
6. Manifesting or visualising your dreams: You can't manifest from a place of fear or lack as you will have subconscious anxieties or resentments. Manifesting in a calm, meditative state of mind is ideal. It's with the energy of love which is so powerful that you manifest your deepest hearts desire.
7. Detach from the outcome to receive: Once you've spent time consciously visualising, detach yourself from the outcome of your manifestation. This does not mean you've stopped caring. It simply means you have the faith and belief that it's a done deal. You just know and feel that it's coming to you. This opens the universe to give it to you or something greater.
The whole process is cathartic in itself and each step helps you to create the life you want. If you need help at any stage there are professionals who can do this. Try life coaching or ThetaHealing®. Good luck; changes happen quicker than you may think so be ready!